The podiatrists at Physio and Sole Clinic are highly experienced in managing paediatric cases. Rest assured we will be able to conduct comprehensive paediatrics feet evaluation for your child in a safe and comfortable environment.
A thorough paediatrics feet assessment includes:
- Limb length measurement
- Evaluation of joint, muscle range of motion and strength
- Non-weight bearing and weight bearing assessment
- Visual and video gait analysis
- Walking and/or running gait analysis
- Assessment of sports/activity specific movement
- Developmental milestones assessment
At what age can a child’s feet be assessed by a Podiatrist?
Our podiatrists will be able to assess your child’s feet once he or she can walk independently, which typically occurs around the age of 12-18 months.
When should you bring in your child for an assessment?
- Your child is displaying symptoms such as
- Complains of aches or pains with walking or exercise
- Trips and falls often
- Does not want to walk for longer than 5-10 mins and ask to be carried
- Does not want to participate in exercise or going to the playground
- Family history of feet issues
- Congenital conditions (e.g. club foot, hypermobility)
- Delay in any developmental milestones
Why choose Physio and Sole Clinic for your child’s feet condition?
Our podiatrists will conduct a thorough assessment of your child’s lower limbs to achieve an accurate diagnosis. We aim not just to address the symptoms, but to also treat any underlying alignment or musculoskeletal issues causing the symptoms.
We will not prescribe any treatment modality that is unwarranted. For example, we seldom prescribe customised insoles for children as they are not cost effective due to the child outgrowing their insoles quickly. Most of the time, off-the-shelf insoles with the necessary adjustments are adequate in managing a child’s feet condition. Customised insoles may be required for children with severe feet conditions.
- Physiotherapy Services
More often than not, insoles are not the only solution for children’s feet conditions. Feet symptoms can be related to musculoskeletal and/or alignment issues arising from the spine, hips or knees. At Physio and Sole Clinic, we have both physiotherapists and podiatrists at each clinic, which readily provides a holistic approach to managing your child’s condition, especially when postural correction or musculoskeletal control is required.