Post-surgical Exercise Rehabilitation
It involves personalised exercise prescribed after a surgery, to assist the recovery and restoration of body functions. This plays an extremely important role in helping patients to get the most benefit out their surgery.
How physiotherapy can help
- Depending on the kind of surgery performed, our physiotherapist will analyse the patient’s body type, physical fitness and tissue conditions before developing a uniquely tailored training programme.
- Exercise therapy typically focuses on:
- Muscle activation, facilitation at the incision area
- Weakened muscles due to nerve problems pre- and post-surgery
- Core and hip muscles that provide overall stability to other joints
- Individualised physiotherapy can help in areas where the patient’s mobility and flexibility have become limited due to surgery. We are well-trained to select safe movements that can help these affected joints and muscles regain mobility in the safest and fastest possible way. We work closely with surgeons to develop individualised exercise guidelines that optimise recovery.
Our physiotherapists can provide this treatment for you. Book an Appointment