Physio & Sole Clinic offers nail fungus treatment in Singapore. Our team is trained to diagnose fungal infections as well as recommend and administer different types of toenail fungus treatment. We offer conservative treatment including advanced, pain-free light therapy.
- The most common methods of treatment for fungal nails are oral medications or laser treatment. However, oral medication may pose significant side effects on the liver. Laser treatment has also been reported to be severely painful. Over-the-counter topical products can also treat nail infections but they do not provide reliable results.
- During your podiatry appointment, the podiatrist will trim and thin the nails to physically remove fungi affected areas to allow better penetration of antifungal treatment. Anti-fungal topical medicament, available at Physio & Sole Clinic must be applied daily. It treats the infected nail, while preventing the infection from spreading to neighbouring nails. Treatment may require 3 months or longer depending on the severity of the infection.
- At Physio & Sole Clinic, Photodynamic Antimicrobial Therapy (PACT ®) Therapy, the latest state-of-the-art antifungal light therapy, is available. This painless treatment method has no adverse side effects, unlike oral medication. It is scientifically proven to be extremely effective in destroying fungal cells and our clinic has had great success with fungal nail treatment.
How Does PACT® Work?
- Photodynamic therapy involves the interaction of light, a photosensitive agent and oxygen to produce a localised chemical effect. This photochemical reaction induces fungal cell death without affecting surrounding tissue, which means it is a completely safe treatment method!
- A single PACT session involves the following:
- The podiatrist will confirm diagnosis of nail fungus and check for suitability of PACT.
- All affected fungal nail areas will be trimmed and filed down with sterile, specialised podiatry instruments.
- A gel is then applied to the nail and left to absorb for 5-10 minutes. This gel stains the fungal cells, making them sensitive to the light emitted by the PACT LED lamp.
- The PACT LED light is subsequently applied, to penetrate the nail and destroy fungal cells.
How Is It Different From Going For A Pedicure?
Podiatrists are trained medical professionals in managing nail conditions. We use sterilised and specialised medical instruments when removing affected fungal nails. We often attend to patients who developed fungal infection on their nails due to pedicure parlours not sterilising their equipment. We will be able to provide permanent long term solutions.
Our Success Cases
Our patients typically come in after trying various toenail fungus treatment but had no significant improvement. Their fungal problems have plagued them for many years.
20 year old fungal nail issue