Also known as insoles or shoe inserts, they are designed to support, align, prevent or correct deformity and improve the function of the foot. Orthoses benefit by:
- Reducing pain or problems in the lower limb by offloading, correcting and/or supporting the foot. It is useful in conditions such as flat feet, bunions and clawed toes
- Improving balance, especially in children with flat feet
- Improving shoe fit and comfort
- Improving weight distribution and posture
- Improving chronic and acute sports injuries
- Eliminating low back pain originating from leg length inequalities
- Preventing future problems associated with lower limb abnormalities
Orthoses can be custom made or prefabricated. Depending on the materials used, orthoses are generally durable and last as long as eight years. They are easily transferable between different types of footwear.
How podiatry can help
- Foot orthoses which are prescribed accurately can be comfortable and essential to your daily activities. Custom-made foot orthoses, specially tailored to the patients’foot type, weight, sport and footwear, can achieve better control and comfort than a standard prescription. Physio & Sole Clinic’s podiatrists use state-of-the-art 3D scanners to accurately capture our patients’ feet profiles. This enables us to customise the insoles/orthotics to perfectly fit our patient’s feet.
Our podiatrists can provide this treatment for you. Book an Appointment