Calluses and Corns Removal
Appearing as hard patches of skin, calluses typically form at the tips of toes, between toes, under the big toe or at the ball of the foot. Corns are differentiated from calluses by an inner central ‘core’.
Causes, common signs and symptoms
- Our feet are integral in the performance of our day-to-day activities. They withstand the pressures of movement, footwear constraints as well as our full body weight. Corns and calluses develop as the body’s natural method of protection. However, they can become extremely painful if left untreated.
- Occasionally, repeated pressure and friction may occur on specific areas of the foot, leading to the formation of corns and calluses.
- Over-the-counter treatments, such as corn paint or plasters, only treat symptoms and not the problem itself. Furthermore, they often damage healthy skin surrounding the corn when used improperly.
How can a Podiatrist help?
- Our podiatrist can gently debride the hard skin of the callus with sterile instruments and the center of the corn can be carefully removed.
- The podiatrist will also recommend ways to relieve pain, isolate the cause and prevent the problem from recurring .
- The podiatrist will provide footwear advice to prevent corns and callus development.
- In certain cases, special shoe inserts (orthoses) may be prescribed to reduce excessive weight bearing forces on the feet and provide long-term relief.
Let our podiatrists help with your condition.
Book an Appointment
These are the charges for our Podiatry services:
- Podiatry Consultation $80-$120
- Follow-up Podiatry Consultation $50
- Callus/Corn Removal $100-$160
Prices are before GST. Our charges are transparent and rest assure there are no hidden charges. A podiatry session will last for 30-45 minutes. There are no surcharges if your session exceeds 45mins. Contact us for more information on our charges.